When a woman is considering a cosmetic surgery procedure such as breast reduction, she should first try to acquire basic information about the procedure and choose the right breast surgeon for her needs. During the initial consultation, she will have the opportunity to ask questions and clear all her doubts and concerns about the procedure and the practice.
When a candidate is well-informed about breast reduction, she will be able to make better choices and feel more confident about the procedure. A committed breast surgeon will address the patient’s questions accurately and in adequate detail to satisfy her concerns. Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Bram Kaufman provides breast reduction to patients in Beachwood, Pepper Pike, Cleveland, OH, and surrounding locations.
Questions about the Surgeon
- Are you board certified in plastic surgery?
- How many years of training and experience do you have in the area of plastic surgery?
- Have you performed breast procedures in the past, and what is your patient satisfaction rate?
- Would you perform breast reduction at a hospital, a surgical center or a private surgical suite?
- Are you affiliated with one of the hospitals in the local area?
- Is your office equipped to handle any emergency, if it arises?
- Do you have a policy for revision procedures, in case the results of breast reduction are not as per the goals we agreed on?
- Do you receive patients from Beachwood, Pepper Pike, Cleveland, OH, and nearby areas for cosmetic surgery?
Questions about the Procedure
- Am I a suitable candidate for breast reduction surgery?
- Which surgical technique would you choose to perform my procedure?
- Is there any specific preparation that I would have to do prior to my breast reduction procedure?
- What type of anesthesia would you use to perform the surgery?
- Are my expectations about the procedure realistic, and would you show me a few breast reduction before and after photos of your past patients?
Questions about Recovery
- Is the recovery going to be painful?
- What are the potential risks and side effects involved in breast reduction?
- How much downtime would be involved post-surgery, and will I be confined to bed?
- What precautions can I take to make the recovery process safer and quicker?
- When can I expect to resume my regular daily routine or return to my workplace?
Questions about the Costs
- What will be the overall costs of undergoing breast reduction surgery at your practice?
- Does your estimated cost include pre- and post-operative expenses?
- How much can the cost be reduced if the procedure is performed at a surgical center instead of a hospital?
- Would you charge additionally for any post-operative appointments that may be required?
- In case breast reduction is combined with another procedure, will I be eligible for a package price or a rebate?
- Can your office offer some assistance or guidance with regard to insurance and financing?
Proven and judicious plastic surgeon Dr. Kaufman receives patients from Beachwood, Pepper Pike, Cleveland, OH, and other areas in this part of the state. To learn more about cosmetic treatment and procedures or to schedule a consultation by Cleveland Ohio area plastic surgeon, Dr. Bram Kaufman, please contact us at 1-216-778-2245 or click here.