Before going ahead with the decision to have liposuction cosmetic surgery, a candidate should a proper understanding of the procedure and confidence in the skills of the liposuction surgery. Patients who have complete clarity and information about liposuction will be in a position to make the right choices and will typically achieve greater satisfaction from the results.
A committed plastic surgeon will answer all questions of the patient in adequate detail, relieve them of their anxiety and doubt, and help them to make a well-considered decision. Dr. Bram Kaufman is a board certified plastic surgeon providing liposuction to patients in Beachwood, Pepper Pike, Cleveland, OH, and surrounding communities.
Questions about the Surgeon
- Do you have a board certification in plastic surgery?
- How many years of training have you received in the specific area of cosmetic surgery?
- Have you performed liposuction procedures in the past, and what is your patient satisfaction rate?
- Would you perform liposuction at a hospital, an accredited surgical center or a private surgical suite?
- Do you have staff privileges at a local hospital?
- Is your practice equipped to handle any emergency that may arise during or after the surgery?
- Do you have a policy about revision surgery procedures?
Questions about the Surgery
- Am I a suitable candidate for liposuction surgery?
- Will the procedure be performed using general or local anesthesia?
- How long will it take inside the operating room?
- Can I return home the same day after the surgery?
- Which liposuction technique would be more appropriate in my case?
- Can I have access to a video of the procedure?
- Would you provide liposuction before and after photos belonging to earlier patients?
Questions about Recovery
- How long will be the recovery after liposuction, and how much downtime will be involved?
- Are there any potential risks and complications that I should know of?
- When will I be able to resume normal activities and exercises?
- How many post-operative appointments will I need?
- Are there any precautions or steps I can take to minimize the risk during recovery or speed up the recovery?
- How long will it take for the post-operative swelling to resolve completely?
Questions about Costs
- How much will the liposuction surgery cost in my case?
- Are pre- and post-surgical expenses included in the cost estimate?
- How much cost difference is made by the choice of surgical venue?
- Will it be more cost-effective to combine liposuction with another surgical or non-surgical procedure?
- In what circumstances can the liposuction costs be covered under health insurance?
- Will your office be able to assist or guide me with regard to financing options?
In addition to clarifying all their doubts and concerns during the pre-op consultation, the patient should also request for testimonials of earlier patients who have received liposuction. Experienced plastic surgeon Dr. Kaufman receives patients from Beachwood, Pepper Pike, Cleveland, OH, and nearby areas for liposuction surgery.
To learn more about cosmetic treatment and procedures or to schedule a consultation by Cleveland Ohio area plastic surgeon, Dr. Bram Kaufman, please contact us at 1-216-778-2245 or click here.