Top Plastic Surgery Procedures for Women and Men

Top Plastic Surgery Procedures for Women and MenOne of the most natural needs of a human being is to look good. But genetics, aging, illness, stress, environment, and unbalanced lifestyles can take a toll on the physical appearance.

This is where cosmetic surgery procedures can help to improve specific aspects of physical appearance and help an individual enhance their looks as well as personal confidence.  

Each year millions of American people now choose cosmetic procedures and achieve desirable results. The procedures are now sought after not just by women, but also many men.

The safety and success rates in plastic surgery have made these procedures more popular than ever before. Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Bram Kaufman provides cosmetic procedures to patients in Beachwood, Pepper Pike, Cleveland, OH, and surrounding locations across the horizon.


10% Growth Rate

According to the data released by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) in its new multi-specialty statistical report, American people spent over $15 billion on surgical and non-surgical procedures in 2016. This translates to a year on year growth of 11 percent over the previous year.

About 56 percent of the procedures performed were related to cosmetic surgery, while the remaining 44 percent were non-surgical procedures. The figure of $15 billion represents the biggest amount invested in cosmetic procedures in a single year ever since ASAPS established its annual Cosmetic Surgery National Data Bank Statistics survey about two decades ago.

New research from ASAPS reveals that aesthetic aspirations of Americans are undergoing a change. Many women and men now want more refined and subtle treatments. For example, more women now seek fat transfer breast augmentation to make their breasts appear more proportionate because they feel traditional breast implants are too obvious. Breast lift surgery is also an increasingly popular procedure because it creates subtle results.

However, these trends do not mean that the demand for breast augmentation is declining in absolute terms. More women still prefer breast implant surgery, and it continues to rank among the topmost procedures. Surgeries once considered niche, such as labiaplasty, are now becoming mainstream. Procedures such as tummy tuck, neck lift, and Botox are now increasingly acceptable to men.


Five Most In-Demand Procedures

The five most in-demand procedures in 2016, as per the ASAPS figures, for both women and men combined, include:

  • Liposuction – 414,335 procedures
  • Breast Augmentation – 310,444 procedures
  • Tummy Tuck – 181,540 procedures
  • Eyelid Surgery – 173,883 procedures
  • Breast Lift – 161,412 procedures



Liposuction fat reduction surgery can be performed using the tumescent technique, which only requires local anesthesia.


Breast Augmentation

Breast augmentation may be performed using saline or silicone implants, or using fat transfer for women who want more natural looking results.


Tummy Tuck

Tummy tuck abdominal contouring surgery can help create a flatter and firmer abdomen, and is chosen by both women and men.


Eyelid Surgery

Upper eyelid surgery, lower eyelid surgery as well as a combined procedure can create a rejuvenated eye appearance.


Breast Lift

Breast lift can remove excess skin from the breasts and provide a subtle lift to make the breasts look firmer and more youthful.

Experienced plastic surgeon Dr. Kaufman receives patients from Beachwood, Pepper Pike, Cleveland, OH, and nearby areas.

To learn more about cosmetic treatment and procedures or to schedule a consultation by Cleveland Ohio area plastic surgeon, Dr. Bram Kaufman, please contact us at 1-216-778-2245 or click here.

Spread the love

Comments are closed.