Eyelid surgery is a relatively minor procedure, but highly sensitive because it involves the eye area. The patient and the surgeon should have a good rapport and clear communication in order to achieve safe and desirable results with eyelid cosmetic surgery.
A committed surgeon will encourage the patient to ask questions and clear all their doubts and concerns during the pre-op consultation. The patient should ideally have a list of questions ready for asking during this consultation.
Dr. Bram Kaufman is a board certified plastic surgeon providing cutting edge cosmetic and reconstructive procedures using advanced techniques. Dr. Kaufman will address all questions of the patient accurately and in detail to satisfy them and relieve them of anxiety. He provides eyelid surgery to patients in Beachwood, Pepper Pike, Cleveland, OH, and surrounding locations.
Key Questions to Ask
The following is a list of probable important questions that a patient may like to ask during the pre-op consultation for eyelid cosmetic surgery:
- Do you have a board certification in plastic surgery?
- How many years of plastic surgery training and experience do you have?
- Do you have specific past experience in performing eyelid surgery and what is your success rate in this procedure?
- Will I require lower or upper eyelid surgery or both?
- Which surgical technique would you use in my case?
- Will it involve general or local anesthesia?
- How long will it take to perform this procedure?
- Can I return home the same day after eyelid surgery?
- Is your office prepared to handle any potential medical emergency?
- Do you have hospital privileges?
- Do you have a policy for revision surgeries, in case I am not satisfied with the primary eyelid surgery?
- Would you be available to see me during every visit that I may have to make to your office for blepharoplasty?
- Can I see a video of the eyelid surgery procedure to understand it better?
- Is it possible to speak to one of your staff members to familiarize myself with your practice?
- Will I have access to blepharoplasty before and after photographs of previous patients?
- Can you provide me testimonials of previous patients who have received blepharoplasty or other procedures at your practice?
- Do you stay updated with the latest surgical techniques for eyelid surgery?
- Is it possible to make my surgery less invasive by adding non-surgical procedures?
- Will I need any additional upper face procedures to achieve my cosmetic goals?
- What will be the estimated costs of my surgery, and are there any financing options that I can explore?
- Does eyelid surgery entail any risks and complications that I should be aware of?
- What will be the estimated downtime involved in this procedure?
A dedicated plastic surgeon will take care to provide clear and transparent information in order to help the patient make a well-considered decision. Dr. Kaufman receives patients from Beachwood, Pepper Pike, Cleveland, OH, and nearby areas for blepharoplasty.