Each year thousands of individuals receive arm lift cosmetic surgery with successful outcomes. Thorough preparation should precede the procedure to ensure a safe and predictable surgery as well as quick recovery.
Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Bram Kaufman provides arm lift to patients in Beachwood, Pepper Pike, Cleveland, OH, and surrounding locations.
During the initial consultation, the surgeon will offer in-depth guidelines on preparing for the arm lift surgery. The below mentioned aspects will often be a part of preparing for the procedure:
- Discontinue smoking at least a few weeks before the surgery to reduce the risk of complications.
- Do not use aspirin, specific anti-inflammatory drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements that may increase bleeding risks
- Drink plenty of water before and after the surgery
- Follow the lifestyle changes or body weight benchmarks that the surgeon may recommend to improve the probability of good outcomes
- Upper arm lift cosmetic surgery is typically undertaken as an outpatient procedure. The patient should arrange for someone to drive them home after the surgical procedure as well as stay overnight for assistance.
Preparation for Recovery
The following preparation should be done ahead of the procedure for quicker and easier recovery:
- Arrange for several pillows as keeping the arms raised with pillows helps reduce inflammation and enhance comfort
- Prepare frozen meals beforehand and stock the fridge with fruits and vegetables. The foods should be high on lean proteins and low on sodium content for better healing.
- Arrange for slip-on shoes and clothing that is front-open and does not need to be pulled overhead.
- Apply for leave from the workplace for around one week. In case the job involves high physical activity, the patient may need to take time off for two weeks.
- Complete any pressing household or office related tasks before the surgery for a comfortable and relaxed recovery phase. The patient will not be allowed to lift heavy weights or perform aggressive activities for a few weeks following the arm lift surgery.
Preparation for the Surgery Day
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing on the day of the cosmetic surgery. Tops made of soft materials that are front-open and airy sweat pants are preferable.
- Take drugs as prescribed by the surgeon to relieve anxiety and feel comfortable during the procedure.
- Not wear piercings, accessories, watch, or jewelry on the arms, hands, and other areas.
Other Preparatory Aspects
- In case the surgeon places temporary drain pipes beneath the skin in the treated site, the patient should carefully understand how to empty the drain and measure the fluid daily.
- The arms will likely be wrapped from the wrist to the armpit in bandages as well as a compression garment. These should not be taken off until the surgeon permits it. It will typically remain in place for the initial 72 hours.
- Visit the surgeon’s office as per the scheduled post-op appointments.
Plastic surgeon Dr. Bram Kaufman receives patients from Beachwood, Pepper Pike, Cleveland, OH, and nearby areas for an arm lift.