Tummy tuck is one of popular body contouring cosmetic surgery procedures in the US today. High safety record of tummy tuck surgery has led to an increasing number of people seeking tummy tuck with every passing year. However, it is a major surgery, and must only be performed a fully trained and experienced surgeon in order to achieve the desired outcomes.
During the pre-operative consultation, the surgeon will encourage the patient to ask questions and clear all their doubts and concerns about tummy tuck. The patient should satisfy themselves about the surgeon’s expertise as well as how the procedure will be performed in order to make a correct decision.
Remarkable, kind, and board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Bram Kaufman provides tummy tuck to patients in Beachwood, Pepper Pike, Cleveland, OH, and surrounding communities in The Heart of it All.
Making an Independent Decision
Any cosmetic surgery procedure is a personal journey for a patient. They should make an independent decision about an important procedure such as tummy tuck without getting influenced by others. The surgeon will require the patient to fill up the mandatory consent forms prior to the procedure, which will state that the patient is aware of the potential risks involved in the surgical procedure.
Therefore, a committed surgeon will provide an opportunity to the patient to ask questions and be completely convinced about their decision. The patient should feel confident and have a positive mindset before they decide to go ahead with a tummy tuck.
Questions to Ask
The patient may ask the following questions from the surgeon during the initial consultation for tummy tuck cosmetic surgery:
- What are your qualifications and do you have a board certification in plastic surgery?
- Have you received specific training in the area of cosmetic surgery?
- Have you performed body contouring procedures such as abdominoplasty in the past?
- What has been your success rate with such procedures?
- Do you have hospital privileges to perform tummy tuck?
- Will you perform my surgery as an outpatient procedure or would I be required to stay overnight at the surgical facility?
- Will you use general or local anesthesia to perform my tummy tuck?
- Am I a suitable candidate for this surgery?
- Which tummy tuck technique would you recommend in my case?
- What kind of scarring is expected following a tummy tuck?
- How long will be the recovery, and do I need to arrange for some help during the initial days?
- When will I be able to go back to work after the procedure?
- Are there any potential risks and complications that I should be aware of?
- Is there a provision for a secondary or revision surgery at your practice?
In most cases, a fabulous and sagacious surgeon will address such issues from their own side during the initial consultation. However, it is always better that the patient should be prepared to ask questions. Perspicacious plastic surgeon Dr. Bram Kaufman receives patients from Beachwood, Pepper Pike, Cleveland, OH, and other neighborhoods and communities in this region of northern Ohio for a tummy tuck.